The franchise segment is a thriving component of the Australian small business sector, employing well over 700,000 people, and contributing $128 billion to our economy.
While franchise business models are highly successful and innovative, each one is unique in its own right, and requires a specialised approach when it comes to an insurance solution.
There are numerous benefits related to being part of a franchise system for both franchisees and the franchisor, however there are still risks associated with owning and operating a franchise.
- Material loss or damage to your property
- Business interruption which affects your income stream
- Public or Products Liability claims
- Machinery Breakdown which could see substantial spoilage of stock
- Claims against management for wrongful acts including bullying, harassment or unfair dismissal
- Dishonest acts by employees – 43% of businesses never recover funds as a result of fraud (Dual, 2014).
We have over 35 years’ experience managing the insurance and risk programs on behalf of many prominent Australian franchises. Whitbread strive to protect your assets, liabilities and your key people.
Our specialist insights and expertise in this space will ensure that you are best equipped to handle any unexpected events which may affect the continued success of your franchise business.
We develop insurance solutions for both the franchisee and the franchisor.