Construction & Engineering
Whether you are a small residential builder, a large scale property developer, a civil engineer or a major infrastructure contractor, there is a significant element of risk involved in your day-to-day business.
Although you are exposed to many of the common risks that most businesses deal with like damage to property, business interruption, and personal accident, Whitbread understand there is an additional layer of risk complexity that comes with the project based nature of your work.
There are a number of risks specific to construction and engineering which require specialist insurance solutions to give you greater security when embarking on every project.
We can provide cover to protect you from:
- Advanced loss of profits as a result of a delay in start-up
- Loss or damage to your construction project and materials on site
- Fines, penalties and clean-up costs if you are found liable for pollution and/or damage to the environment
- Damage to your machinery and equipment
- Compensation and legal expenses owed if you are held responsible for a public and products liability claim
- Damage to your goods in transit
- Legal expenses and compensation owed to a client if you are deemed liable for financial loss, bodily injury or property damage as a result your professional advice or service e.g. design faults that causes damage to a property
- Legal expenses and compensation owed for claims against you, or senior management for wrongful acts or failure to act in certain circumstances e.g. bullying, harassment, and wrongful dismissal.
- Fraud committed by employees
- Employee and third party injury
We will also ensure protection for your general business risks like property damage or theft, machinery breakdown, business vehicles, and general property such as mobile phones, tablets or laptops.
No project is too big or too small. We provide insurance and risk solutions for projects of all size from owner builders to the principals of large engineering infrastructure projects.
Engaging our expertise and technical skills will ensure you feel empowered to make decisions for the future of your business knowing that your risks are covered.
Areas of specialisation
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering