The Australian tourism and hospitality industry continues to strengthen with significant growth from Asia, as well as the continuing global economic recovery in traditional tourism markets.
Australia is a destination touted for fine wine, unique dining experiences and stunning landscapes which has seen strong industry growth and an influx of new players into an increasingly competitive market.
To stay ahead of the curve, it is imperative you have an insurance and risk solution in place that manages your exposures so your business can capitalise on growth trends, and create a brighter future.
Whitbread have over 35 years’ experience in composing insurance programs for businesses operating within the hospitality and tourism industry.
Common risk events to insure your business against:
- Fire, water, or storm damage to your building and/or contents
- Business interruption – a fire may limit your ability to operate at normal capacity causing loss of income and an inability to pay your employees
- Theft of contents
- Spoilage and loss of all your frozen food – a power surge could easily burn out the motor in your freezer and see thousands of dollars of stock lost.
- Injury of a customer on your premises – you could be liable for significant damages if uninsured.
- Theft of customer credit card details – as a hotel, you may store credit card details. If your system is hacked and sensitive information stolen by cyber criminals, you could be issued with significant fines and penalties.
We will work in close partnership with you to understand the unique inner workings of your business, seeking to generate solutions that gives your future greater certainty.
Areas of specialisation:
- Bed and Breakfast
- Boarding houses
- Cafes and Restaurants
- Take away food
- Self-contained units
- Separate suites with breakfast provisions
- Farm stays
- Establishments with restaurants and vineyards